What do you do in wet weather?
This is a really important question; as so many pet resorts just don’t work in wet weather. When we designed our new complex (opened in 2008), we made sure that we could offer fantastic, comfortable, fun holidays all year round no matter what the weather was like.
We have made our facility and the care we provide weather proof in many ways:
- Every pet guest has its own large indoor hotel room so on rainy days they still have a nice big indoor area to relax and stretch out in.
- All our walkways are covered so there is no problem for us to continue on with jobs such as giving out medication, feeding, and refreshing h2o
- Our play yards have a big undercover gazebo so if it starts to sprinkle during a play time, we can still have fun and cuddles in this dry area.
- The grass yard area of each accommodation space is really well drained so even when it has been pouring down, this area does not turn into a mud bath. Our play yards are well drained too so even after a really big rain shower our guests don’t get muddy. (Even though some of them would love it!)
- If a dog does get wet, we will pop it under one of our dryers in the grooming room until it is all nice and dry again, so they won’t catch a cold.
- On wet days, your dog still gets the fun activity time you have organised and paid for, but instead of a walk or a play time (because it’s pouring with rain), we spend this time giving one-to-one cuddles and playing of toy games in their hotel room. So on wet days your dog does not miss out on the fun/loving one-to-one time you have
When you are deciding upon which pet resort or dog boarding kennels to use you will inevitably go and view the places you are considering on a sunny day. I would suggest that whilst being shown around, think about how it would look on a wet day and ask the person showing you around what plans they have for when it’s raining.How do you make sure dogs don’t suffer heat stress on really hot days? This is a really important question, as dogs can quite easily die of heat stress in both home and kennel environments.
When we designed our Pet Resort, we knew that we had to have really good insulation to be sure that our dogs’ hotel rooms maintained an even temperature all year round. We achieved this by using thick concrete bricks, installing ceilings (instead of having exposed tin roofing), adding thick insulation in the roof cavity and having vinyl flooring. So we’ve got the most insulation possible!
We also have 12 hotel rooms fitted out with split system air conditioners that you can request for a small additional daily fee. What this all means is that when the thermometer hits 40 degrees, as it can do in the height of summer; we know that all our pet guests are comfortable and safe from heat stress.
In addition, you can be reassured in the knowledge that on extreme heat days a senior pet carer checks on every dog every 1/2hr to confirm good health. If you have a dog that is particularly sensitive to heat we would suggest you choose one of our air-conditioned rooms. If your dog does not have an air con room and unexpectedly suffers some heat stress, we will temporarily transfer your dog to our grooming room, which is a fully air-conditioned space until the temperature cools down.My dog feels the cold and is used to living indoors so I am worried that he/she won’t be warm enough.
It is really important to us that your dog feels comfortable and warm during their holiday stay with us. This is why when we designed our Pet Resort; we knew that we had to have a really good amount of insulation in place to be sure that our dogs’ hotel rooms maintained an even temperature all year round. We achieved this by building with thick concrete bricks, installing ceilings (instead of having exposed tin roofing), adding thick insulation in the roof cavity and having vinyl flooring. So the most insulation possible!
We also have 12 hotel rooms fitted with split system air conditioners that you can request for a small additional daily fee. With this option you can be assured that your dog will be in a comfortable climate controlled hotel room whilst holidaying with us.
You are also welcome to send along a dog coat from home, if you feel that it would make your dog feel happier and more comfortable or it is something they are used to having put on every night.
We are very proud to have a pet care resort than can safely look after any breed, at any age, in any type of temperature.